Top 25 Bodybuilding Motivational Quotes
Whether you’re bodybuilding to compete, stay fit, feel good, or just to look amazing, you can add power to your workouts when you use motivational triggers that fire you up.
Do you have a favorite song or speech that gets you going every time?
Is there a certain video that inspires you and motivates you to be your best?
Is it a picture of something or someone that drives you and fuels you to excel?
What about a favorite quote or saying that touches your heart?
A passive approach to bodybuilding, or anything else for that matter, usually ends in failure. You got to keep yourself motivated.
To support you in your journey, I’ve assembled my top twenty five all time favorite bodybuilding motivational quotes.
1) “Pain is weakness leaving the body”
2) “If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price.” ~ Wilkinson
3) “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” ~ Van Gogh
4) “Every time you stay out late; every time you sleep in; every time you miss a workout; every time you don’t give 100%… you make it that much easier for me to beat you.”
5) “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.” ~ Tim Duncan
6) “You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation.” ~ Homer Rice
7) “Courage is endurance for one moment more…” ~ U.S. Marine Second Lieutenant
8) “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
9) “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” ~ General Colin Powell
10) “Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like muscles of the body.” ~ Lynn Jennings
11) “Quitters never win, and winners never quit.”
12) “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” ~ Corinthians 10:31
13) “There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don’t allow yourself to become one of them.” ~ James Allen
14) “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
15) “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” ~ Philippians 4:13
16) “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” ~ Hickson
17) “That which does not kill me makes me stronger” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
18) “You have to do what others won’t, to achieve what others don’t.”
19) “The medals don’t mean anything and the glory doesn’t last. It’s all about your happiness. The rewards are going to come, but my happiness is just loving the sport and having fun performing.” ~ Jackie Joyner Kersee
20) “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” ~ Eisenhower
21) “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~ Muhammad Ali
22) “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” ~ General Colin Powell
23) “Bodybuilding is not a race it’s a marathon.”
24) “Train beyond the pain…and death is your only release” ~ Steve Michalik
25) “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
There is only one simple rule to follow when you are confronted with any negative state of mind – re-motivate yourself!
Let these bodybuilding motivational quotes help you maintain a positive state of mind. You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Give 100% and you will receive 100%.